SharePoint stores documents in a SQL database and consumes a considerable amount of a SQL Server's CPU and memory resources. Known as Binary Large Object (BLOB) storage, this design dramatically affects performance and requires a significant storage investment to resolve.
StoragePoint is the cost effective alternative. StoragePoint removes SQL Server from the BLOB workflow, meaning a BLOB is never created. What remains is a high performance SharePoint environment that becomes simple to administer and maintain.
Features & Benefits
- Simplify taxonomy planning and implementation
- Develop a more flexible and streamlined disaster recovery plan
- Improve the upload, retrieval, and management of large files
- Enforce regulatory compliance where needed
- Save money by moving content to less expensive tiers of storage